Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog
WELCOME TO MY BLOG - GREETINGS AND HAPPY - ENJOY IT
Sea Teacher Batch 8 in Mariano Marcos State University Philippines

Sunday 15 September 2019

Day 4 Meet with Pupils in the MMSU Laboratory Elementary School

August 14, 2019. Today is the first time I participated in a direct activity at school after yesterday I met with a Teacher Training Instructor to tell me many things and the first assignment that Ma'am Leizel gave me was to make direct observations in class to see the learning procedures carried out by the teachers at here. Before making observations, I participated in the flag ceremony activities which began at 07.00 AM to 07.30 AM. The difference between flag ceremonies in Indonesia and in the Philippines, especially at MMSU LES, is that they carry out ceremonial activities every day, namely Monday to Friday because on Saturdays and Sundays, schools are closed. The flag ceremony began by sing a songs such as the Philippines national anthem namely Lupang Hinirang, Mars MMSU, Mars Asean Games and Hymn MMSU. 
Then there was a speech from the principal, Ma'am Aragon who at that time asked us Sea Teacher participants to introduce themselves in front of the students and teachers at MMSU LES. I feel very happy, because when introducing themselves the students seemed excited to welcome us and so friendly. Even though me and my friend Rose look different because we wear the hijab, they really appreciate and tolerate us.
Promptly at 07.30 AM to 8:00 AM I began to make observations in class VI Mapaglingkod which was managed by Ma'am Catrina in mathematics, it turns out that in MMSU LES learning topics are delivered in class one by one subject and every subject change will change the teacher. The first impression when seeing the class at MMSU LES was very impressed because the facilities provided by students were complete, such as blackboards, LCD projectors, air conditioners, fans, dispensers for drinking, bag storage cabinets, and so on. These facilities really make students become comfortable when studying. Therefore, almost all students are active in participating in learning. The observations that I made contained what strategies Ma'am Catrina did during mathematics learning in class which turned out to make students active and liked mathematics. Things like this can be an example for me to practice in class when I te  ach later. The second class that I observed in VI Masigasing at 08.00 - 09.00, then continued in class VI Mapaglingkod again at 10.30 - 11. 30 and the teacher being observed was still the same, Ma'am Catrina.
In the afternoon session, I made observations in class IV Magalang at 01.00 PM to 02.00 PM which was taught by Ma'am Leizel in Science which I would teach later in the class. The students were very enthusiastic when they saw me in the class, they were acquainted and asked me various things . I am amazed that the students here are very good at English, because in the Philippines English is their second language, so it is not surprising that people in the Philippines can speak English fluently. After observing Ma'am Leizel, I made another observation with Ma'am Catrina in class V Mapagmahal from 02.00 PM to 03.00 PM and class V Matapat from 03.00 PM to 04.00 PM. After observing the first day, I submitted the observations to Ma ' am Leizel and at 4:30 PM returned to the dormitory. So my story in h ari this , wait for the following day because the story will be more exciting and memorable. Xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment