Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog
WELCOME TO MY BLOG - GREETINGS AND HAPPY - ENJOY IT
Sea Teacher Batch 8 in Mariano Marcos State University Philippines

Sunday 15 September 2019

Day 11 Holiday in Calayab Beach


August 21, 2019. Finally my rest period was over, I was very enthusiastic to continue my activities which had been delayed while in the Philippines. It so happened that today there was a warning from Ninoy Aquino, so the school was given a day off. Ninoy Aquino's warning was held to commemorate the murder of former senator Benigno “Ninoy Aquino”, Jr. He is the husband of Corazan Aquino who later became president of the Philippines. This commemoration is a Philippine national holiday which is celebrated once a year.
Because today is a holiday, my coordinator and I were taken by our coordinator to Calayab Beach in Calayan Kagayan, Ilocos Norte. In addition to the Sea Teacher and Sea Tvet participants who joined the beach, there were also several MMSU CTE students who accompanied us to the beach. Because of the fairly location of the beach we finally all got on a Jeepney, Jeepney is a public transportation in the Philippines. This is my first time riding a Jeepney, if in Indonesia Jeepney is similar to urban transportation. I really enjoyed my trip, because since yesterday I could only rest so today I am excited for the holidays.

The journey taken from the MMSU Campus, Laoag City to Calayab Beach is about 45 minutes. The activities while at the beach were quite exciting, first me and my friends played “Gobak Sodor” game with CTE MMSU students. The game is very exciting and tense, this is one of the games from the Philippines but, in Indonesia there are also many “Gobak Sodor” games like this. After we were tired of playing, we finally gathered in the hut to chat with Ma'am Jeanette and her husband and Mr. Mee Jay. We talked about many things at the beach, I was relieved to finally recover and join in this activity.
In the afternoon we eat Jollibee together on the beach. The atmosphere of the beach is warm because at that time the weather was not cloudy making a feeling of calm. Before eating, we first introduce ourselves to the MMSU CTE students one by one in front. They welcomed us kindly and friendly. After finishing eating, we continued on our way home but before returning to the dormitory we went to Robinson first to watch the film "Angel Has Fallen" with Phat, Chan, Rose, Mui, Faii, Alfat and Okta. Filming starts at 01.45 PM to 03.45 PM . This is my first time seeing a film in the Philippines, an interesting experience.
After watching the film, we continued on to the Public Market. Public Market is like a traditional market in Indonesia, where we buy some food for cooking because in the dormitory we have cooking schedules alternately between Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam. Making this schedule serves to manage cooking time and taste food from various countries in turn. After arriving at the dormitory, in the evening I made a lesson plan and learning media for teaching and learning tools tomorrow at school. So my story in today 's , wait for my story the following day because it will be more exciting and memorable. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment